Half Price and Discount Theatre Tickets
With hundreds of theatre tickets on sale daily at discounts of up to half price, at TKTS there are always plenty of shows to choose from. Part of the fun of using TKTS is looking at what shows are on offer and then deciding which one to see. Plus, of course, you save money!
Whilst the largest range of discounted shows is usually available on the day of performance, you can also buy many discounted tickets at TKTS up to a week in advance.
In order to see what half price and discounted ticket offers are available see the displays in front of the Leicester Square booth or visit the What's on Sale page of the TKTS website.
Full Price Tickets
The vast majority of tickets sold at TKTS are sold at discounted prices. In order to provide customers with the greatest possible choice, TKTS also sells for a limited number of shows at full price.
Tips on using TKTS
- We open at 10:00 every Monday to Saturday (except Christmas day) and many people join the queue early. However, we receive new tickets regularly, so you will always have a wide choice of shows throughout the day (when there will be less of a queue) right up till we close at 19:00.
- There is a lot to choose from, so if you want any advice please ask our staff - we are here to help you! While we can’t tell you what show to see, we can often give a brief synopsis of the show and guidance with age suitability etc.
- Evening performances for London shows usually begin around 19:30 or 20:00 - but do check. Most London theatres are near enough to TKTS to allow plenty of time to get there, even if you buy tickets by 19:00. Our staff will be happy to advise.
- Afternoon performances (also known as Matinée performances) can begin at various times. Shows do not have afternoon performances every day - most have two or three each week, one of which is normally on Saturday.
- An increasing number of shows have performances on Sundays, but there are still far fewer Sunday performances than on other days of the week. TKTS is open from 11:00 to 16:30 on Sundays for many of these Sunday performances - and remember you can also buy advance bargain tickets for the days ahead.
- Full details of performance times are displayed at TKTS. You will also be given a copy of the London Theatre Guide with your tickets (or you can simply ask for a copy). You can also check the theatre listings at the Official London Theatre website.
There is a booking fee included in the price of your TKTS ticket: £3 on discounted tickets and £1 on full price tickets. This per-ticket fee helps to cover our costs so we can continue to provide you with the most secure and convenient choice for all your theatre ticket needs.
At TKTS Leicester Square you can pay by cash (£Sterling), credit card and debit card (Mastercard, Visa, UK Maestro), or by Theatre Tokens. Regrettably we are unable to accept cheques and travellers cheques.
The booking fee enables Society of London Theatre to operate the booth, run a broad range of audience development initiatives and contribute to the Theatre Investment Fund which invests in new productions and supports new producers.
- TKTS is operated by Society of London Theatre.
- Computerised ticketing facilities are provided by enta.
- "TKTS" is a trademark owned by and used under licence from Theatre Development Inc. There is no other relationship or affiliation between Society of London Theatre and the Theatre Development Fund Inc, a New York not-for-profit corporation.