TKTS User's Guide
Tips on using TKTS
- We open at 9.00 Monday to Saturday, so many people try and join the queue early. However, we receive new tickets regularly, so you will always have a very wide choice of shows throughout the day (when there will be less of a queue) right up till we close at 19.00.
- There are lots of shows to choose from, so if you want any advice, please ask our staff - we are here to help you!
- Evening performances for London shows usually begin at around 19.30 or 20.00 - but do check. Most London theatres are near enough to TKTS to allow plenty of time to get there, even if you buy tickets by 19.00. Our staff will be happy to advise.
- Afternoon performances (also known as Matinée performances) can begin at various times. Shows do not have afternoon performances every day - most have two or three each week, one of which is normally Saturday.
- An increasing number of shows have performances on Sundays, but there are still far fewer Sunday performances than on other days of the week. TKTS is open from 11.00 to 16.30 on Sundays for many of these Sunday performances - and remember you can also buy advance bargain tickets for the days ahead.
- Full details of performance times are displayed at TKTS. You also be given a copy of the London Theatre Guide leaflet with your tickets (or you can simply ask for a copy). Or you can check the theatre listings at the Official London Theatre website.
Why Buy From TKTS?
Here are some good reasons for buying your theatre tickets from TKTS, London’s original discount and half price and theatre ticket booth.
As the theatre industry's official box office TKTS offers genuine discounts and value for money as well as impartial advice on what to see.
A Name You Can Trust
The TKTS ticket booth is run by Society of London Theatre, the trade association that represents the theatre industry in London. With over 30 years experience of selling tickets in Leicester Square, TKTS has provided millions of customers with discounted tickets to great West End shows.
TKTS is accredited by the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR) and adheres to their code of practice when selling tickets.
TKTS offers a wide choice of discounted tickets on the day of the performance and up to a week in advance. If the show you are looking for is not offering discounts, you may still find full price seats available from TKTS.
Well Informed Staff
The staff at TKTS are knowledgeable and passionate about theatre and have seen most of the shows themselves. They can provide you with honest, impartial advice and tips.
Not for Profit
Society of London Theatre is a not for profit organisation and invests in a wide range of educational and promotional projects to encourage theatre-going.
Some of the projects and campaigns that TKTS supports:
Laurence Olivier Bursary
- For over twenty years, a selection of bursaries have been awarded annually to drama school students who show potential talent but need assistance with the financial requirements of the third year of their school fees.
- Kids Week aims to encourage young people to visit the theatre and get directly involved through a 'kids go free' ticket promotion and special events and workshops.
- The Society of London Theatre produces the Access London Theatre Guide, published three times a year, which provides listings of audio-described, captioned and signed performances in London theatres
Olivier Awards with MasterCard
- Regarded as the most prestigious stage awards in Britain, the annual Olivier Awards with MasterCard recognise outstanding artistic achievement in London theatre and secure a high profile for the nominees and winners in the media. Panels of experts vote in a range of categories from Best Actor to Best Lighting Design.
For more information about these activities and the other work which Society of London Theatre engages in visit www.solt.co.uk and www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk